Within a range of about 100 kilometers most of the principal towns of the Ile de France were linked to the capital city.
The expansion of the Paris network was rapid at this time: in December 1932 there were 19 routes, four months later in April 1933 there were 48.
Mr Mariage the director of the STCRP had Citron's route authorisation annulled by the Minister of Public Works.
Agreement was eventually reached on avoiding competition, and the operation of the light brown with orange band liveried vehicles around suburban Paris started in August 1932 (but not to Versailles! So it was that the first Citron routes actually started a long way away from Paris in Lyon in June 1932 (nine lines, with the very first to Bourg-en-Bresse, from an operating base at 41 Rue du Lieutenant-Colonel Girard Lyon); followed by the networks at Bordeaux (started 8th June, but ceded to the Citram company (established in 1919) by the end of the year); then Nantes (started 13th July, six lines, the first route to Le Croisic) and Strasbourg as the year progressed.
In 1931 Michelin commenced publication of a timetable book 'l'Indicateur des autobus et des autocars' which was followed in 1933 by 'l'Indicateur officiel des transports routiers Quillet'.
The Quillet publication seems to have been short-lived however with only four or five issues.
Citron's mandate was characteristically demanding and characteristically simple: to produce an all-new design for a 10 HP car that would be better equipped, more robust and less costly to produce than any rival product at the time.
Paul Joseph was appointed director-general and the first Citron network had been meant to operate in the Paris area, starting with a route to Versailles to operate every half hour.
All was ready to commence on 18th Febuary 1932 with twelve Citron C6G1 22-seater buses but on the very day before the start had to be delayed because of objections about competition with their own Versailles route from STCRP (the Paris transport authority).
The head office was established at 17 Boulevard des Capucines in Paris.
The rival Renault company also started routes in the Paris area from the end of 1932.